Sunday, April 02, 2006

So, my school drama club just finished putting on The Sound of Music. (...Shut up. The play version is much more badass than the movie. The nazis are more important and there's a song about how great it is to be selfish.) I had a bit part-- a waltzer at the Von Trapps' party--but it was fun anyway. Friday night, Saturday matinee and Saturday night performances, then we went home and showered before we rushed off to one of the leads' house for an all-night party and a trip to Denny's in the morning. Our director is a positively Hollywood type, a cranky but lovable tiny old lady who's run the music department at my high school for over 30 years. She's extremely good at what she does--the show is, according to all the parents and the judges from the state highschool drama competition, excellent. This was her last production--there was a lot of emotion at the cast party, giving of gifts and so on. She's going to become a world traveler in retirement, or so is her plan. I had a blast doing the show--I've got a sawed-off piece of PVC pipe from a fence prop for a souvenir, plus some signatures in a notebook and a zillion pictures--and even if it was a hell of a lot of work, I'm definitely going to do this some more.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know who or what "blue lang" might be? I quote, from the chorus of "Ninja Gang" by the Frontalittle Squad:

Danger, it's the Ninja Gang
Run or hide if you can't hang
If you're not tough like blue lang
They'll go through you like it's no thang.

And if you think those lyrics are bad you should hear the second stanza.

2 comments:

chocoswimchick said...

Excuse me. Squash IS a sport AND a vegetable and I happen to play the sport. Well I'm learning, and it is really fun! :p You should try it sometime. And the Sound of Music was absolutely amazing! How long did it take you to learn the dances? You did a really fabulous job.

Well that's all for now
Veronica

chocoswimchick said...

.
are you discriminating against squiket? because if you are, I'll have your head.
XD
me