Sunday, August 21, 2005

Why is it that DVDs have theatrical trailers on them? Is there any possible purpose other than just something to justify putting the phrase "DVD Extras" on the box? I don't watch them. No one I know watches them. Are there really people out there who see a movie and go "Meh, the movie was pretty fun, but now I really wanna see the trailer!"? They're not entertaining, and they're made up entirely of scenes from the movie you just saw. The one exception is the theatrical trailer to "Time Bandits," which was one of the funniest minutes of my life and would have made me go ravening to see the movie if I hadn't just done so.

3 comments:

No one... said...

are you talking about the trailers that are of the movie you just watched or trailers of the upcoming movies?

Mobius Soul said...

"Trailer" implies it's for the movie that's actually on the DVD. Were it the trailer for another movie, it would be called a "preview."

No one... said...

Have you seen that blog "comment" that says "Brand New News from the timber industry"? I don't get it. I got one and I have in no way shown any iterest in the timber industry. I didn't even know it existed until I got the post. And I'm not the only one who got it either. I've been to other blogs who have it. Seriously, what is up with it? E-mail me if you have any idea.