Sunday, July 17, 2005

I have just returned...

...from the wilds of Maine, where my aunt owns a house which she lets us stay in for free for half a week each summer. It's right on the beach, very nice place, and at the end of the two-hour-drive up there we arrived to supernaturally beautiful weather--there were not literally no clouds in the sky, since there was a tiny scrap of fluff somewhere way off to the west, but the sun was very bright while a sea breeze cut the temperature down to a completely comfortable level. It was like that all three days, except for one small rainstorm. So we did what anyone would do in this situation and location...we sat inside and read books for hours on end. Oh, there was a beach trip at one point, but it only lasted an hour and no one actually went in the water. Still, it was a fun trip...and I got to play some DDR at the arcade at Old Orchard Beach, and find out just how out of practice I was. But my new pad should be arriving within the week, so not for long!

2 comments:

No one... said...

You are a lucky person. I have been stuck at home ALL summer. But I am going to Aunt S.'s in 3 DAYS! HA! HA! HA!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how much fun it was seeing your favorite Aunt and your most favorite cousins!!!!